The Black Hawk was a 7100 ton Liberty Ship which was, unfortunately, torpedoed by U772 on 29th December 1944. The entire stern section was blown off and sank in 47m. The forward section was towed and beached in Worbarrow Bay the next day.
The majority of the Black Hawk was then salvaged on the beach, with the remains later being dispersed to aid navigation and to make way for an outfall from the nearby Winfrith Nuclear Power station!
Location: 50 26.17 N 02 25.30 W (stern), 50 36.68 N 02 12.43 W (bow)